AZ ASSIST, Inc. is a group of parents in the Greater Phoenix area who, through experience, are a wealth of information and eager to ASSIST each other through the process of our children growing up and away. Our mission is to provide education, strategies, and support related to transition into the community after high school to parents of teens and young adults on the autism spectrum and to provide transition education and create opportunities for social skill development for teens and young adults on the Autism Spectrum. Check calendar for meeting information.
-Meeting: 3rd Monday of the month, Campus of EdOptions 7-9 PM, 2150 E Southern Ave, Tempe
Teens & Young Adults are encouraged to attend in order to socialize with multiplayer video games (no games rated M or above), air hockey, outdoor games and/or arts & crafts.
Adults with High-Functioning Autism/Asperger’s
Contact: Tara at email@example.com or (602) 421-2215
Meets on the 2nd Saturday of every month in Tempe
West Side Group for Adults with Autism/Asperger’s
Location: 10854 North 60th Ave, Glendale; Club House
Contact: Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 623-979-5555
Autism Society of Greater Phoenix and ROK (Recovering Our Kids)
This support group meets at three separate locations throughout the month. A Parent Mentor will be present at each meeting.
- Meeting location: three locations across the Valley;
- West Valley location: New Life Community Church, 8155 W. Thunderbird Rd., Peoria, AZ 85381 — 2nd Monday or each month
- East Valley location: Serrano’s Mexican Restaurant, 959 N. Val Vista Dr., Gilbert, AZ 85234 — 3rd Tuesday of each month
- North Valley location: Paradise Valley Community Center, 17402 N. 40th St., Phoenix, AZ 85032 — 3rd Wednesday of each month
High Functioning Autism & Aspergers Family Support Network-Life issues in a supportive and tolerant environment for the Phoenix area.
Meets last Thursday of each month at Scottsdale Bible church, 7601 E Shea Blvd Rm E102. It follows the school year generally. See website for exact dates as they sometimes change.
- Phone: (602) 225-0052
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://members.cox.net/hfautism
East Valley Parent Group: This group is for all parents of children with autism. Meets the first Tuesday of every month.
- Phone: (480) 632-5719
- Contact: Janet Kirwan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meets: 1st Tuesday of each month
East Valley Autism Support Group for Spanish-Speakers: Group meets with experts from different fields related to autism. Group shares valuable information and offers support to families.
- Phone: (480) 831-1009
- Contact: Alberto Serpias
- Meets: 2nd Tuesday of each month
West Valley Autism Parent Support Group
- Phone: (623) 572-5289
- Contact: Shelly V.
- Email: email@example.com
- Meets: 2nd Tuesday of each month from 7-9pm
- Location: New Life Community Church located at 8155 W Thunderbird Rd. Peoria AZ 85381.
West Side Autism Support Group Sponsored by Autism Society of Greater Phoenix
- Phone: (480) 940-1093
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where: Wee Care Corp., 12409 W. Indian School Rd. #C306, Avondale, AZ 85396 (East of Dysart on Indian School in the Indian School Crossings Building on the south side of the road).
Support Group for Adults with High-Functioning Autism/Asperger’s
- Tempe Contact: email@example.com
- Phoenix Contact: Tom at (602) 340-8717
- Tuscon Contact: Newport at firstname.lastname@example.org, (520)770-1591
Asperger Parent Network: Resource for families and professionals in the Greater Phoenix Area including family life coaching and special education advocacy services available. Monthly meetings, e-group and web site.
- Webpage: http://www.apnarizona.com
- Phone: 480-759-6329
- Contact: Carolyn Warden
Council for Jews with Special Needs: Provides a range of services.
- Address: 12701 North Scottsdale Road, Suite 205 Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Webpage: http://www.cjsn.org/
- Phone: (480)-629-5343
- Email: email@example.com
Fountain Hills, In Teaching Our Unique Children (FH-InTOUCH): A support group for parents and caregivers of special needs children living in Fountain Hills.
- Meets: Monthly, time and day to be determined for this next school year
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Fragile X Society of Arizona: Provides information on Fragile X.
- Address: 3418 W. Lucia Drive Phoenix, AZ 85085
- Phone: (623) 587-7580/(602) 502-4765
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webpage: www.fragilex.org/html/arizona.htm
E.V.A.N. (East Valley Autism Network) formerly S.A.N.E. (Supporting Autism Now through Education)
- Address: Gilbert, AZ 85296
- Phone: (480) 782-8960
- Email: email@example.com
MEN…MEET AUTISM, is an informal gathering of men who
have someone in their life affected by autism. Fathers,
grandfathers, adult siblings, friends of someone with autism
come together in a laid back setting and autism is usually
the forefront of most conversations.
- When: 3rd Thursday of Every Month
- Time: 7pm
- Place: Big City BBQ in Mesa (north of US 60 @ Alma School)
- Contact: Jason Geroux 480-748-8620
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the monthly email reminder list
Dads 4 Special Kids: A network of support, resources and encouragement by men caring for children with special needs.
Phone: (602) 909-5463
Contact: Ray Morris-Email: email@example.com
SARRC’s Grandparents Group: Informational group focused on educating grandparents of children with autism. Discussion-based group meets monthly to learn from experts on autism and volunteer.
Phone: (602) 340-8717
Contact: Kathy Bosco
Yuma Autism Support Group
-Address: 399 West 32nd Street, Yuma, AZ 85364
-Meeting Information: We generally meet the first Wednesday of every month from 6-8pm at the YRMC Corporate Center located at 399 West 32nd Street in Yuma, Az (beween Mervyn’s and Spragues). Please visit our site for more details and exact dates.
GANE, Grupo de apoyo para nios especiales (West Valley)
-Address: 7102 W. Thomas Road, Suite 105, Phoenix, AZ 85323
-Phone: (623) 478-7277
-Contact: Gabriela Orozco
Sib Support: Support group for parents of children with special needs as well as neurotypical children; opportunities for siblings to get together at recreational events.
-Contact: Larissa Beckstead, Co-Founder of Sibs Support
Connecting, Learning, and Special Education Support (Ahwatukee, Chandler, Tempe) CLASS ACT Support Group
Do you have a child with special needs? Are you looking for support and local information about schools, therapists, and social
interactions for your child? Come join other parents of special needs children for support, information, and networking.
-Meetings: 1st Tuesday of every month at 7pm
-Address: Melissa Shahʼs House, 16041 S. 27th Street Phoenix, AZ 85048 (near Chandler Blvd and 28th Street)
-Contact: Melissa Shah
Autism Society of Northern Arizona
We are an organization dedicated to increasing public awareness and providing support to family members and individuals with autism spectrum disorders throughout the Northern Arizona region.
-Meetings: 3rd Wednesday of every month
-Address: NAU Institute for Human Development, Large Conference Room. You can park in one of the metered parking spots in Lot #13. Parking is free after 4:30pm.
Autism Society Greater Tucson
Our support group meetings are held the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:00 PM. The Support Group Meeting is held from 6-7pm. During this time you can meet with the parent Mentors, Q&A, newly diagnosed parents are welcome, and we address education questions. Following that, from 7-8 PM, we present our main speaker. All meetings are held in Florence Manning Hall on the first floor of the Children’s Clinic, Square & Compass Building, on the Tucson Medical Center Campus. The address is 2600 N. Wyatt Drive. There is a separate entrance on the West side of the building and there is plenty of free parking. Please contact Wendy Swartz at President@AutismSocietyGreaterTucson.org if you need childcare that evening. We need 48 hours notice in order to accommodate your request.